got peppermint oil?
last week i was saw a chiropractor for the first time in over a decade.
the appointment was fine enough; my contrary and argumentative brain, which i luckily don’t allow to speak most of the time, silently debated much of the efficacy of the chiropractic process and claim.
when it was time for my adjustment the doctor adjusted me more with massage and trigger point therapy rather than the usual “pop” “crack.”
sure the massage felt great, but the peppermint oil she used gave me the most significant, instantaneous relief.
in less than two minutes i was a new person, with a new, non-combative brain, a heart less closed off, and a body emerging from holiday stress.
i’ve since purchased my own bottle of peppermint oil, and it’s become my new must-have everyday item.
peppermint oil cures and alleviates so many of our modern-day body and mind predicaments; the list is too long to catalog, but here are the most popular and effective uses for this powerhouse herb:
- peppermint oil is a dynamic weapon for anyone fighting digestion problems. it’s cooling properties soothe digestion. one can either drink it as a tonic, or actually apply it on their abdomen for instant, holistic relief.
- inhaling the scent or massaging the wrists, with a drop or two, soothes motion sickness and general nausea.
- people who suffer from stress, depression, and general mental exhaustion notice a reprieve in their anguish with the cooling and refreshing essence of peppermint.
- i suffer from major anxiety. peppermint oil curtails and alleviates much of my distress with just a few sprinkles of it in my daily bath.
- i’m always looking for an alternative to my mid-morning, mid-afternoon, afternoon, late-afternoon, early evening, and post-dinner coffee klatch. peppermint oil’s energizing properties can sometimes be alternative pick-me-up. i’ve been using wow drops for years to give me a little, extra pep; these drops are also a god-send for us instructors whose throats get dry and sore.
do you use this miracle essential oil too?
what are your remedies and practices for peppermint oil?